2nd ASEF Young Leaders Summit
Posted on March 17, 2017
The 2nd edition of the ASEF Young Leaders Summit (#ASEFYLS2) is for young thinkers and doers to dismantle the conventional and to bring forward fresh ideas and solutions for a more inclusive, fair and accessible employment market for the youth.
Themed “Access to Youth Employment”, ASEFYLS2 contributes to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular goal 4 (on education), 5 (on gender equality), 8 (on decent work) and 9 (on industry and innovation). The project focuses on 8 thematic areas linked to job-creation and inclusion: 1) age, 2) education, 3) disability, 4) finance, 5) gender, 6) location, 7) social backgrounds and 8) technology.
ASEFYLS2 is as an experiential space and networking hotspot where 150 young minds from 51 ASEM countries meet influential leaders from Asia and Europe. The programme is designed to nourish a constructive exchange of ideas and good practices, hands-on skills development and concludes with a Call for Action addressed to the ASEM Education Ministers. The ASEFYLS2 line-up of speakers, panellists and mentors includes top-tier policy makers, thought-provoking academics, daring entrepreneurs and civil society advocates. As a highlight of the summit, personal interactions between the youth participants and the ASEM Leaders/Delegations are also arranged during the event.
Together with speakers, panellists, and mentors, including top-tier policy-makers, thought-provoking academics, daring entrepreneurs and civil society advocates, ASEFYLS2 participants will:
- Meet leaders from governments, businesses, academia and intergovernmental organisations
- Collaborate with peers
- Develop a critical and analytical mind-set to pursue, unpack and answer complicated questions
- Enhance and acquire practical skills useful for their academic, professional and personal ventures
- Share questions and ideas directly with ASEM Leaders
- Citizen of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries
- Young leaders – ranging from entrepreneurs, students, academics to professionals and beyond – between the ages of 18 and 30
- Strong command of English (verbal and written)
When: 4-8 May 2017 with the 6th ASEM Education Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM ME6)
Where: Seoul, Korea
Costs: No participation fee. The organisers will cover accommodation and meals for the duration of the conference, plus a travel subsidy from your country of residence to the starting point and back.
Deadline: Monday, 20 March 2017
How to apply:
- Click here to apply for this rare and valuable opportunity!
- Please also send a copy of application to Ministry of Foreign Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org