2018 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Posted on April 10, 2017
HUBERT H. HUMPHREY NORTH-SOUTH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018-2019
We are pleased to announce the competition for the 2018 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program, a non degree program for mid career professionals in Thai government and private organizations. We invite applications from Thai citizens who have demonstrated leadership in public service for one year of non degree study and practical work related experience in the United States. For the 2018 academic year, the Foundation will recruit up to three (3) outstanding candidates.
PROGRAM FIELDS: The programs arranged for Humphrey Fellows are related to one of the following fields: Agricultural and Rural Development, Communications/Journalism, Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment, Economic Development/Finance and Banking, Educational Administration, Planning and Policy, Higher Education Administration, HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention, Human Resource Management, Law and Human Rights, Natural Resources Management/Environmental, Policy/Climate Change, Public Health Policy and Management, Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration, Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (Teacher Training or Curriculum Development), Technology Policy and Management, Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention, Urban and Regional Planning.
Appropriate candidates are mid-career professionals in leadership positions in various fields. They should have a commitment to public service and the potential for professional advancement and should be currently employed by national, local or regional government units or universities or by private sector organizations, with assurances of reemployment upon return.
An applicant must:
- be a Thai citizen in good health;
- be preferably from 30 to 50 years of age;
- have at least a B average (3.0) or the equivalent on academic transcripts for all years of undergraduate study or a successful academic record at the graduate level; if possessing a degree from the U.S., should have returned to Thailand for at least seven years prior to August 2018;
- be physically present in Thailand at the time of interview;
- have an outstanding record of professional accomplishments and leadership qualities;
- have a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in public service, whether in public or private sector organizations and agencies (an applicant should be policy rather than research and technically oriented.);
- Universities teachers with no management or policy responsibilities are technically ineligible, except for teachers of English as a Foreign Languages and teachers in the field of drug abuse prevention and treatment;
- have a TOEFL score at least 71 internet-based or IELTS score of at least 6.0. on a test taken within two years prior to the date of application. (ITP TOEFL can be presented for pre-screening only. The candidate is required to take TOEFL test if selected by the Binational Selection Committee and get the minimum scores set) **For TOEFL examination, please directly visit website www.toefl.org or www.ets.org/toefl/
- be able to fully participate in every activity organized by the Foundation, e.g. Pre-departure Orientation Program which will be held during early June.
Relevant information can be viewed from the link here:
Each applicant must submit BOTH online and a set of hard-copy application to TUSEF by the set deadline.
- From March 27 to June 20, 2017, a preliminary online application (including online recommendation letters) will be available on website at application.fulbrightthai.org The deadline for online application is Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 12.00 pm (noon, Thailand local time, GMT+7.00). 2. The hard-copies of the application must include:
- 6 photocopies of the original application.
- 6 photocopies of university transcript(s)
- 6 photocopies of eligible TOEFL/IELTS score report
- 1 letter of recommendation in a sealed envelope, using only the Fulbright Recommendation Form, which can be downloaded from the online application system.
- The above hard-copies can be sent by mail (THAILAND-U.S. EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, THAI WAH TOWER 1, 3rd FLOOR, 21/5 SOUTH SATHORN ROAD, BANGKOK 10120) or hand delivered to the Foundation, but must arrive or EMS postmarked by JUNE 20, 2017, to be eligible for consideration. The Foundation is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|March 27 – June 20, 2017||Preliminary online application available on the Foundation website|
|June 20, 2017 (at noon)||DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED THE PRELIMINARY ONLINE APPLICATION AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS|
|July, 2017||Screening and shortlisting of applications from qualified applicants Recommended applicants notified of interview place, date and time Interview by Binational Selection Committee|
|August, 2017||Candidates notified of the interview results|
Completed final applications to the Foundation submitted by recommended candidates
|September, 2017||Completed on-line applications submitted to the Institute of International Education and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Department of State in Washington, D.C. for final selection|
|April, 2018||Candidates notified of final selection results and U. S. host institution(s) of successful candidate(s)|
|June, 2018||Pre-departure Orientation|
|June – August, 2018||Departure of the Fellow(s)|
For further information, please contact
the Thailand-U.S. Educational Foundation, Thai Wah Tower I, 3rd Floor, 21/5 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120
Tel. 0-2285-0581-2 ext. 104
The Foundation is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.