2017 GKS for ASEAN countries’ Science and Engineering Students
Posted on April 20, 2017
Program: 2017 GKS for ASEAN countries’ Science and Engineering Students
This training program is designed to provide students with an in-depth academic training in the science and engineering fields and invaluable experience in Korea.
Period : July 10th (Monday) ~ August 11th (Friday) 2017 (5 weeks)
Number of participants : 24 undergraduate students in total
Host organization : National Institute for International Education (NIIED), Ministry of Education, Republic of Korea
a. Be a citizen of one of the 10 ASEAN countries*
* Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
b. Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student who majors in science or engineering in the university/college located in one of the 10 designated ASEAN countries
c. Be fluent in English
* Priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency.
d. Be mentally and physically healthy
6. How to Apply
a. Choose one of the 5 designated Korean universities according to your major. You can choose only one of the five universities for your application. You are not allowed to apply to more than one university.
Multiple applications will be excluded during the final selection process.
b. Submit required documents to International Affairs office, 6th floor of President’s Office Building.
c. If you pass the document screening, you will be invited for an interview from your application office. Interviews will be conducted by either Skype or phone.
7. Application Deadline : April 28th, 2017
* Applications will be processed on the first come first serve basis.
8. . Required Documents
- Completed Application Form
- Self Introduction and Research Plan
- Letter of Recommendation from an Academic Source
- A Copy of the Passport Information Page
- Proof of Enrollment from Currently Enrolled University
- Original Sealed Transcript from Currently Enrolled University
- TB Test results (We will let you know more detail about this issue after you are selected the participant)
a. NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
b. Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fee, etc.