UTM Mobility Programme 2018/2019: Research Internship at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Posted on September 26, 2018
Description of the program:
UTM provides opportunities for students who are studying outside Malaysia to pursue cutting-edge trans-disciplinary research work for one to two semesters. Students can apply throughout the year.
Period: All year-round
Application deadline: 3 months before program’s commencement
- Registered as an active student at home university.
- Bachelor or graduate students
- Have a good command of the English Language.
- Have a good health condition.Be physically present at home university at the time of application.
- Must agree to enroll at UTM as described in the program plan.
- Must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of UTM or placement provider.
- Should demonstrate empathy and understanding of cultural difference.
- Should demonstrate excellent personal skills.
- Agrees to be responsible for the costs incurred
Application guideline: http://www.utm.my/international/research-internship/
How to apply:
- Fill in Application Form and prepare relevant documents as follows: Recommendation letter from your university, student status letter, academic transcript, passport copy, sponsorship documents (if any) and study plan essay and English proficiency test result.
- Consult your advisor about course registration. This is to make sure that the credits taken at the partner institutions can be accepted and transferred back to KMUTT.
- Submit Application Form, along with other required documents to your department.
- Your department will screen out and submit the application package to KMUTT International Affairs Office (IA).
- Selection committee will interview, select, and nominate successful candidates to the partner institutions for their final consideration.
- IA will announce the result to the department and students.
- If accepted, students have to re-consult with their advisor on registration, while feel free to discuss on immigration and other administrative matters with IA.
Undergraduate students: about 2,737.5 Ringgit (21,486.82 THB) – 3,150 Ringgit (24,727.27 THB), excluding minimum 20 Ringgit (157 THB) for accommodation fee/day/person
Graduate student: about 3,627.5 Ringgit (24,475.61 THB) – 4,040 Ringgit (31,213.70 THB), excluding minimum 20 Ringgit (157 THB) for accommodation fee/day/person
Such expenses are for registration, student ID card, tuition charges, Visa approval letter, Student pass for mobility programme, personal bond, post-arrival medical check-up, *accommodation
See more details – http://www.utm.my/international/files/2017/02/Program-Fees-06.02.2017.pdf
Due date of application submission to IA: Throughout the year (3 months before program’s commencement)
Interview Date: Notified by IA later after gathering the list of applicants
For more information: Contact IA, the 6th floor, The Office of the President Building, KMUTT or please contact Mr. Sutthisak Phakdee via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 02 470 8428.