A Semester Exchange at University of Fukui, Japan
Posted on January 15, 2019
Period: 2019 October admission (October 2019 – March 2020)
University of Fukui provides 2 student exchange programs: Program A is to offer courses in English and Program B is in Japanese. Applicants who meet the language requirements of both Programs A and B may apply for Program A so that they can take courses both in English and Japanese.
|Program A||Program B|
|Language of Instruction||English|
(Except Japanese Language and Culture related courses)
|Duration||– 6 months (1 semester)|
– 1 year (2 semesters)
|– 6 months (1 semester)|
– 1 year (2 semesters)
|Eligibility||– Undergraduate Students|
– Graduate Students (Research students only)
|– Undergraduate Students|
– Graduate Students
|Program Outline||Undergraduate students take Common Courses (Japanese language, Japanese affairs and traditional industries courses) in Japanese as well as Specialized Courses in English offered in the School of Education, School of Engineering, and School of Global and Community Studies in English. See the following course catalog for course details:|
Graduate students receive research instructions from his/her supervisor in English. They can also take Japanese language courses without earning credit.
|Undergraduate students take regular UF courses offered to degree-seeking students in the School of Education, School of Engineering, and School of Global and Community Studies. Most courses are offered in Japanese but some courses are taught in English. See the following Syllabus Page for course details:|
Graduate students can enroll in UF either as a Special Auditing Student and take UF courses in Japanese offered to students in the Graduate School of Education or Graduate School of Engineering, or as a Special Research Student and receive research instructions from his/her supervisor in Japanese.
|GPA of 2.30 (on a 3.0 scale) or higher in the previous academic year (past 1 year)||GPA of 2.30 (on a 3.0 scale) or higher in the previous academic year (past 1 year)|
|Language Requirement||TOEFL PBT or ITP score 500, TOEFL iBT 61, or its equivalent||N2 Japanese Language Proficiency Test certificate, or its equivalent|
|For students who take courses both in English and Japanese||Applicants who meet the language requirement of both Program A and B may apply for Program A so that they can take courses both in English and Japanese. Please submit both English and Japanese certificates specified above upon application.|
How to apply:
- Fill in KMUTT Outbound Exchange Application Form and/ or other required documents.
- Consult your advisor about course registration. This is to make sure that the credits taken at the partner institutions can be accepted and transferred back to KMUTT.
- Submit KMUTT Outbound Exchange Application Form, along with other required documents to your department.
- Your department will screen out and submit the application package to KMUTT International Affairs Office
- Selection committee will interview, select, and nominate successful candidates to the partner institutions for their final consideration.
- IA will announce the result to the department and students.
- If accepted, students have to re-consult with their advisor on registration, while feel free to discuss on immigration and other administrative matters with IA.
Guideline for application and form: (Click)
Due date of application submission to IA: Monday 18th March 2019 before 12.00 hrs.
Interview Date: Monday 25th March 2019 (Afternoon Session)
For more information: Contact IA, the 6th floor, The Office of the President Building, KMUTT or please contact Mr. Nontanan E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 02470 8468
Students have a responsibility to carefully learn more details including complete and prepare all required documents by themselves.