Notify Residence Status of Foreigner to IMM
Posted on June 13, 2019
Notification of residence for foreigners
According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, “House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national.” If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification can be made to the local police station.
Documents required for the notification
1. TM. 30 Form
2. Copy of ID card or Passport of House Master Owner (in a case that the house owner is foreigner)
3. Copy of House Registration of House Owner
4. Copy of Rental Agreement or Land Sale Contract
5. Copy of Foreign Guest’s Passport, Photo and Information Page, Arrival Stamp, Departure card (TM.6)
The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in the following 3 ways as convenient as possible:
1. In-Person Notification
House owners or representatives can notify the residence of their foreign guests in person at counter B in the Immigration Office at Chaeng Wattana Government Complex.
2. Notification by post
House owners can notify the residence of their foreign guests through mail by following the steps below:
- Completely fill out the TM. 30 form and also include the name of notification person on the form
- Prepare all documents required for the notification. Write house owner’s address on an envelope in size of 6.5*9 inch and attach a 10 THB stamp on it. The reply to the notification from the Immigration Office will be sent to the address as provided on the envelope
- Enclose the aforementioned documents inside a registered post envelope and send them to the address as follows:
“IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1, Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7, LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210”
3. Notification via website
House owner can notify the residence of their foreign guests through Internet by following the steps below:
- Register for the online notification service at website “https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/” After your request is approved, the Immigration office will send username and password through your email.
- After receive the username and password, please learn further steps from attached the manual.
Manual for Online Notification: [http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/2notice/tm30_manual.pdf]
Download TM. 30 here: [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i4FlVIrXuTBix6HpGh0U_b_RbHzuU4JM/view?usp=sharing]
Please see the notification in Thai from the link below