Admin & Finance
Point of information about administration and finance for staff
Point of information about administration and finance for staff
The university shall provide the compensation for officer or staff having injuries, illness, disability for working or occupational injuries to be welfare for the officer and the staff.
The standard of assessment
No.1. In case of the injuries, illness or disappearance which has to be taken care by doctor, the university shall provide compensation monthly based on his / her regular salary or wage through the recovery but not more than 1 year.
No.2. In case of losing part of the body or organ’s partially malfunction, the compensation is paid by day calculated by the organ’s loss ratio to percent from the period of time determined for the loss or the function‘s loss as in the university’s regulation.
No.3. In case of losing part of the body or organ’s malfunction, the compensation is paid according to the type and the rate determined by the university.
No.4. In case of the permanent disability, the compensation is paid in the rate in accordance with the university.
No.5. In case of the death or disappearance, the compensation is paid in the rate in accordance with the university.
The compensation is not paid for employee or casual worker having injuries, illness or disappearance in the case as follows;
1. Alcohol or drug addiction which leads to self-controlling reduction
2. Self –harm or consent of other people to harm one’s self.
Compensation‘s Claim Procedures
The compensation claim form should be submitted to the committee within 90 days after injury or disappearance is incurred.
Compensation’s payment rate
1. In case of a certain part of the body loss or organ’s malfunction, 60 % of regular salary shall be payable but not more than 9,000 Baht and not less than 2,000 Baht.
|(1) Loss of one arm||10 years|
|(2) Loss of one leg||6 years 8 months|
|(3) Loss of one hand||9 years|
|(4) Loss of one foot||4 years 8months|
|(5) Loss of two feet||10 years|
|(6) Loss of hearing in both ears||5 years10months|
|(7) Loss of hearing in one ear||2 years 8 months|
|(8) Loss of one thumb||3 years 8 months|
|(9) Loss of one index finger||2 years 4 months|
|(10) Loss of one middle finger||1 year 10 months|
|(11) Loss of one ring finger||10 months|
|(12) Loss of one little finger||6 months|
|(13) Loss of one big toe||10 months|
|(14) Loss of one toe||3 months|
|(15) Loss of one eye||4 years 5 months|
|(16) Loss of sight for 90% up, or 3/60 or more in one eye or binocular vision||3 years10 months|
|(17) Loss of losing part of the body or organ’s malfunction which is not covered in number 1-16, the duration of compensation payment is considered by the committee with the approve of the human resources committee but not more than||5 years|
If employee or casual worker having part of the body’s loss or organ’s malfunction has many of loss which stated in number (1)-(17), the compensation is paid more as it is depended on the type of organ’s loss which calculated by the total period of time but not more than 10 years.
2. Permanent disability The compensation is paid for 15 years
3. Death or disappearance The compensation is paid for 8 years
KMUTT Provident Fund
As a full-time member of the KMUTT faculty, you may enroll in the KMUTT Provident Fund program.
The following are the KMUTT Provident Fund regulations:
1. You may deposit 2% or 3% (your choice) of your monthly salary. This amount will be automatically deducted from your salary. You may verify this by checking your salary slip each month.
2. The benefit is equal to the amount of your deposit, plus a matching similar amount (from KMUTT), plus an amount calculated according to the current interest rate. Please note that the interest rate may fluctuate.
E.g., if your salary is 10,000 Baht per month and you want to deduct 2% (200 Baht), you will get 200B + 200B + interest.
3.You will get the money back (deposit + benefit + interest) when you leave your job under the following conditions:
|Working period||Get deposit||Get benefit + interest rate|
|< 1 year||100%||0%|
|1 year but < 2 years||100%||40%|
|2 years but < 3 years||100%||50%|
|3 years but < 4 years||100%||60%|
|4 years but < 5 years||100%||80%|
|More than 5 years||100%||100%|
Reimbursement for Medical Expenses
1. You can claim reimbursement after an accident according to your contract (30,000 Baht/year), you have to attach a medical certificate showing the expenses to the university.
2. You can claim reimbursement after the sickness if your medical treatment is taken in a Government Hospital. You also have to attach a medical certificate and the expenses.
3. If you are admitted to a Private Hospital, some medical expenses are reimbursed as well.
4. There is an annual medical check provided by the university.
5. The expenses of the dental treatment (filling, scaling, pulling, root canal treatment and surgical removal of impacted tooth) are reimbursed not more than 3,000 Baht per year (from 1st of October to 30th of September). You may need go to a private hospital or a private dentist (an authorized dental clinic).
The university’s employee and casual worker’s type and the welfare
|Officer and casual worker of the university||Welfare|
1.Non – permanent employeeis those who has knowledge and working for the university as follows;(1) Retired person who works as a teacher in the university until the age of 65(2) Person who works as a teacher and passes on the knowledge which technical ability is required(3) Foreign expert who works as a teacher in the university
|-Social Security-Compensation-Severance pay (in case of working for 120 days continuously)|
2. Permanent Employee(1) Officer during probation period(2) Permanent Officer as per the specific time in the contract(3) Permanent Officer as per the un -specific time in the contract covering full- time and part – time permanent officer
|– Provident Fund or a pension- Compensation- Severance pay (in case of working for 120 days continuously)- Medical expense fee|
3. Casual worker is a person whom the university hires for working in a particular job or in a specific time as follows;(1) The casual worker for the university(2) The casual worker for the project;- Research projects supported by outside fund- Project for educational management(3) The special government‘s contemporary staff- The project of hiring unemployed or laid off persons ( ABB Loan)(4) Other casual worker whom the university hires which is not in number1-3
|-Social Security- Compensation- Severance pay (in case of working for 120 days continuously)|
The employee must reside at the official accommodation provided by the employer. In the case where official accommodation is not available, the employer shall pay an accommodation allowance in a lump sum at the rate of eight thousand baht a month and the employee may not claim any other expenses in connection with the accommodation.
Welfare of Employee’s Children Education
The welfare in this regulation is for the employee’s child who is studying in the government institution, private institution or the institution that King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi specified . The rate and the regulation is as follows;
(1) Child who is studying in government institution in diploma or equivalent and the curriculum is separated from the undergraduate curriculum, the academic expense is payable in the full payment. At any rate, the payment type and the rate is not over than that the committee specified.
(2) Child who is studying in private institution not higher than high school or equivalent, the academic expense is payable in the full payment. At any rate, the payment type and the rate is not over than that the committee specified.
(3) Child who is studying in private institution higher than high school or equivalent but not higher than diploma or equivalent and the curriculum is separated from the undergraduate , the academic expense can be payable 50 % of the full payment but not more than the payment type and rate that the committee specified.
No.5. Employee who can claim academic expense in this regulation has to be an employee from the beginning of the semester and claims academic expense within one year after the payment.
No.6. Employee who is eligible to claim academic expense in this regulation can claim the right for the first child to the third child only.
The ranking of the first child to the third child is subject to the order of birth with regardless of neither the sequent of marriage nor the employee’s authority in the child.
For the employee who is eligible to receive the welfare. If he or she has more than 3 children and later one of the three has died before reaching adulthood, Employee will have the rights to receive the increasing welfare of educational expense support for child according to the number of the dead child counted by the child in the next order.
No.7. For the employee who is eligible to receive the welfare of educational expense. If he or she does not have the child or has child who has rights of the welfare as in no.6 but number of child is less than three and later employee has twinned children which results more than 3 children in total. In this case, the employee can receive the welfare of educational expense support for the first child to the youngest in that childbirth even the number of children is more than three. However, the twinned children must be biological children of employee in a legal marriage or of spouse in case of the employee having the right in the welfare is female.
No.8. In case that employee’s husband also is eligible to welfare child‘s support from the government department, state enterprise, or other sector, the employee’s husband can have the right to receive the benefit from one resource only. If employee will not use the rights of the husband, the employee who is mother can claim the welfare from university. However, employee must affirm that she is the only person who claim the welfare.
No.9.In case that both of the parents are the employee, father is eligible to claim the money for child’s education support .However, if father who is an employee does not live in Thailand or have other necessary which leads to the disqualification, employee who is a mother can claim the welfare under her name and submit the claim form with the explanation.
No.10. If employee performs an act or try to perform a deceitful act in order to receive the welfare in this regulation, a serious penalty will be imposed .In case that employee have already received the money, the money shall be returned with the deposit interest rate per year of commercial bank from the date of malfeasance.
The returned payment in the prior paragraph is to university within 30 days after the written notice from university has been received.
No.11.The regulation and the claim procedure is complied to the committee‘s specified
No.12. The committee has a rights to announce the notice, the regulation or the rule for operation an accordance with this regulation has a power of the final decision.
No.13. Rector is responsible for this regulation
No.14. Employee who has been employed after 5 years from the King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi‘s act of legislation year 1998 becomes effective do not have the rights in the education expense support in this regulation (except for officer who later becomes employee)