United Nations Volunteers Scholarship
Posted on January 20, 2019
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. UNV works with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism.
King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT) and United Nations Volunteers (UNV) aim to inspire Thai youth as a social change agent by improving their potential in volunteerism. Therefore, the two parties pilot the programme that will focus on deploying KMUTT students as national and international volunteers to develop capacities and meet the development needs of ASEAN partners specifically in Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand. The recipients will receive a scholarship to do the volunteer work as follows:
Country of Assignment: Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand
Duration: 6 months (July – December 2019)
- Full-time KMUTT student
– Undergraduate student, have completed at least two years at KMUTT.
– Graduate student, have completed at least one semester at KMUTT.
- Have Good English skills.
- Candidates are not receiving any scholarship from KMUTT.
Note: Candidates must have student status at KMUTT during their period of participating in UNV.
How to apply:
1. Submit the Application Form along with the following required documents to your department.
- Student ID card
- Results of English proficiency test
- Certification (if any)
2. Your department will screen out and submit the application package to KMUTT International Affairs Office.
3. The selection committee will interview, select, and nominate successful candidates to the Host institutions for their final consideration.
4. IA will announce the result to the department and students.
Due date of application submission to IA:
Apply now – 15th February 2019 before 12.00 hrs.
Monday 22rd March 2019 before 16.30 hrs.
Wednesday 20th February 2019
Wednesday 27th March 2019
For more information: Contact IA, the 6th floor, The Office of the President Building, KMUTT or please contact Mr. Nontanan E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 02470 8468
Students have a responsibility to carefully learn more details including complete and prepare all required documents by themselves.